Nothing tastes better than fresh crumpets on a Sunday morning – and with this recipe they’re easy to make and great to eat!
225g plain flour
225g bread flour
1 tsp salt
300 ml milk
300 ml water
2 tsp oil
2 tsp sugar
15g fresh yeast
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Mix all of the above ingredients in a bowl so it creates a smooth dough.
- Cover the bowl with cling film, and allow the dough to prove for 75 minutes.
- Grease the griddle and crumpet rings.
- Place batter in greased crumpet ring over a medium-low heat, reducing the temperature to low.
- Cook for 10 minutes, until the top is dry.
- Turn them over and continue to cook until golden brown.
- Best served with melted butter and a cup of tea!