If you’re entertaining family over the Easter weekend, it can be tempting to leave dessert off the menu, trusting that everyone will be too distracted by their abundance of Easter eggs to look around for the sweet tray.
These easy and scrumptious treats will satisfy any appetite and will last a few days after the event, so when the Easter eggs are a distant memory having been polished off on the day, you’ll still have these to dig into!
150g salted butter (the salt keeps this recipe from being too sweet)
250g dark chocolate (chopped)
150g milk chocolate (chopped)
4 tablespoons golden syrup
200g mini Creme Eggs
150g Digestive biscuits (crushed)
150g Mini Eggs
50g white chocolate
1. Melt the butter over a low heat in a pan.
2. Add the chopped dark chocolate, the chopped milk chocolate and the golden syrup when the butter is half melted. Continue to melt it all over a low heat until it is thick and well combined.
3. Remove from the heat and set aside for 10 minutes until it has had a chance to cool slightly.
4. Stir in the mini Creme Eggs, the Mini Eggs and the Digestive biscuits until it is well mixed.
5. Pour the mixture into a lined 20cm x 20cm baking tin.
6. Melt the white chocolate in a bowl either over a saucepan of steaming water or in the microwave. If using the microwave, set in 30 second increments and stir thoroughly each time.
7. Drizzle the white chocolate over the rest of the mixture.
8. Place the baking tin in the fridge, preferably overnight but for at least 2-3 hours.
9. Once set, cut into chunks using a sharp knife.